|Summary||A believer of a shadowy cult, secretly attempting to convert the town to darkness.|
|Goal||Wins if the Town, Mafia, and all other killing roles are dead or converted to Cultists.|
|Has Night Ability?||Yes|
|Abilities||Speak together at night with other Cultists and attempt to convert a player to a Cultist.|
|Sheriff||Cultist (or Not Suspicious)|
A Cultist is a member of a shadowy cult. They have the ability to convert other people to the Cult and talk to other Cultists at night. The Cultist's main strength is its ability to neutralize powerful Town members and use its greatest advantage - its numbers - against them. The Cult can be considered the opposite of the Masons, as they are not Town aligned and have no central leader, with decisions for who to convert following a democratic vote. In the case of a tie, the target is randomly selected from the tied selections.
- The Masons are your worst enemy, especially the Mason Leader. He will kill a Cultist if he targets them at night. Lynch him if you have the opportunity.
- The Serial Killer and the Mafia may be your enemy, but without them, it will be difficult to lynch the entire Town. It is sometimes a good idea to not lynch killing roles until the Cult may outnumber the town.
- If someone commands authority in the Town (i.e. a confirmed sheriff or investigator), it would be a good idea to recruit them. They can use their influence to get people lynched. A Sheriff or Investigator may continue to act falsely in their roles if they see recruitment targets fail - if you know who the Masons are, you can determine that your failed recruit may either be a Serial Killer, Arsonist, Mass Murderer, Executioner, or a member of the Mafia and gain the trust of the Town.
- The reason a recruiting may fail to a Serial Killer, Arsonist, Mass Murderer, or Executioner. Is because the "Immunity prevents conversion" option is enabled and the target has Immunity at Night. Be aware of what roles you can't recruit in any given setup.
- Alternatively, even if you weren't a Sheriff or Investigator, you may come out as one saying you found a member of the Mafia if your recruitment fails.
- There are both advantages and disadvantages to recruiting the Mayor. It may be unwise to recruit the Mayor if "Loses extra votes in Cult" is on, as the Town may see that he no longer is the Mayor and lynch or kill him if possible. You may have to delay your conversion of the Mayor if this is the case. However, if the Mayor does keep his votes in the Cult, try to recruit him as soon as possible. However, be aware of the Doctor's settings. If the Doctor is set to not prevent conversions but to know when one happens, then the Mayor will be revealed as being converted and will probably die. Conversion or not, it is critical that the Cult neutralize the Mayor as soon as possible, as the Cult's strength lies in their voting power.
- Try to recruit or lynch townsmen with killing roles (i.e. Jailor or Vigilante), so they may not kill you when they know who the Cult is. The Jailor can pretend to jail Cult members to maintain his cover, as well as providing cover for fellow Cult members.
- Do not try to recruit someone you think the Doctor will target if the Doctor is set to prevent conversions or to know when a conversion will happen. This will waste a valuable night. It is essential that the Cult convert as often, and safely, as possible.
- If you are able to convert immune roles, or if the following roles are not immune, then it is wise to convert Serial Killers, Arsonists, and Mass Murderers as soon as possible because not only have you neutralized a potential threat, but also so that you add additional power to Cult. However, this may notify smart Towns that there are Cultists in play because of lack of people getting killed by Serial Killers/Mass Murderers.
- Unfortunately, Arsonists are nearly impossible to find until they ignited.
- Coroners can be a very dangerous enemy. If Cultists are dying off, the Coroner can easily determine who is a Cultist by checking a dead one. Converting a Coroner may be somewhat of a benefit, but it is extremely hard to fake a Coroner, and he'll probably found out sooner or later, so it is better to get the Coroner lynched.
- Part of the Cult's power is the ability to easily blend in with the Town. However, this strategy varies depending on what role you were prior to you getting converted. For example, being a Doctor or Sheriff is good because it's easy to fake-claim and you were probably a confirmed town previously. Likewise, it's much harder to blend in if you were a Neutral Evil role such as Witch or Serial Killer, or if you were the original Cultist.
- Excluded from randoms - (Default: Off)
- Immunity prevents conversion - (Default: On)
- Nights between conversions 1 - (Default: On)
- Nights between conversions 2 - (Default: Off)
If both the Nights between conversions options are unchecked, the Cultists will have 3 nights between conversions.
- Cannot convert Mafia roles.
- Cannot have more than 1/3 of the original game size (minus Mafia roles).
- The Cult gains one conversion for every two Cultists killed.
- When a Disguiser replaces a Cultist or Witch Doctor the victim won't disappear from the allies list, but the Disguiser won't be part of the Cult night chat.
- If the Cult member that goes out to recruit is killed, there will be no conversion that night.
- If the target of a conversion attempt is a Citizen or Survivor using a bulletproof-vest, and the Immunity prevents conversion option is enabled, the conversion will fail.
|Town||Bodyguard • Bus Driver • Citizen • Coroner • Crier • Detective • Doctor • Escort • Investigator • Jailor • Lookout • Marshall • Mason • Mason Leader • Mayor • Sheriff • Spy • Stump • Veteran • Vigilante|
|Town Investigative • Town Protective • Town Government • Town Killing • Town Power|
|Mafia||Agent • Beguiler • Blackmailer • Consigliere • Consort • Disguiser • Framer • Godfather • Janitor • Kidnapper • Mafioso|
|Mafia Deception • Mafia Killing • Mafia Support|
|Triad||Administrator • Deceiver • Dragon Head • Enforcer • Forger • Incense Master • Informant • Interrogator • Liaison • Silencer • Vanguard|
|Mafia Deception • Mafia Killing • Mafia Support|
|Neutral||Amnesiac • Arsonist • Auditor • Executioner • Jester • Judge • Mass Murderer • Scumbag • Serial Killer • Survivor • Witch • Witch Doctor|
|Neutral Benign • Neutral Evil • Neutral Killing|